Grand Final Competition Terms
SCHEDULE TO TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Hisense Grand Final Weekend Comp 2018
Start: 17 September 2018 9:00 AM AEST End: 27 September 2018 11:55 PM AEST No entries will be accepted outside this time.
Hisense Australia Pty Ltd ABN: 55 105 022 080 1A Millennium Court Knoxfield VIC 3156
Entry to the Promotion is open to Australian residents in all Eligible States/Territories who fulfil the method of entry requirements. Entry is open to participants of all ages.
Details of prizes
1 x Hisense 157L Bar Fridge [choice of colour of winner: red or black]
Total number of prizes
1 [Hisense 157L Bar Fridge [choice of colour of winner: red, or black] valued at $499.00 RRP].
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE
Total prize pool (inc GST): $499.00
METHOD OF ENTRY
To enter, an Eligible entrant must, during the Promotion period
- Create an original and creative submission for the competition statement: Tell us in 25 words or less what makes your Grand Final Viewing party complete at http://www.hisense.com.au/grandfinalcomp
- Provide their:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and submit the online entry form.
- Entrants under the age of 18 years old must seek a parent or adult/legal guardian’s permission to send any submission to the Promoter and enter the promotion.
Maximum number of entries
One entry per person.
WINNER SELECTION DETAILS
The Promoter's judging panel will review all valid entries received during the Promotion period. On 28 September 2018, the judging panel will judge all entries based on creativity and originality. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
The entry judged to be the best entry will win the bar fridge prize.
Notification of Winner
The winner will be notified via Phone or email (as provided on their entry form) on 28 September 2018.
To accept the Prize, the winner must, within three days of the Promoter sending notice to the winner (Verification Deadline), provide postal information [Australian residential address, PO Boxes will not be accepted] in order to arrange delivery of prize (Required Information).
Public announcement of winner
Upon confirming and verifying the winner, the name and State or Territory of residence of the Grand Final Weekend Comp winner will be published here:
The winning entry may also be published on the Hisense website and social channels.
Unclaimed Prize selection
In the event of the Prize not being accepted or claimed (including if the winner does not provide the Required Information by the Verification Deadline or does not fulfil any other condition of accepting the Prize), the winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be awarded to the next best valid entry who provides the Required Information by the Verification Deadline and fulfils all conditions of accepting the Prize.
In this case, the entrant with the next best valid entry may receive more than one prize.
Notification of unclaimed Prize winner
Unclaimed Prize winners will be notified via phone or email (as provided on their entry form) within two days of judging the winner of the unclaimed Prize.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions ( Terms of entry). The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule defines the terminology used in these Terms of entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of entry.
- Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Entry is open only to legal residents of the Eligible States/Territories who satisfy the Method of entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, including Mustard Creative Media Pty Ltd are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or step- child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion period.
- The prize/s are specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule.
- The total prize pool is specified in the Total prize value section of the Schedule.
- Any prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary. All prize values are the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing.
- Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the Promotion and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win a prize.
- The entrants must follow the Method of entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. Entries must be received during the Promotion period.
- Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable). One prize permitted per person, and cannot have won a prize awarded by Hisense in the last 12 months.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter for any reason. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize(s) will be awarded in accordance with the process set out in the Prize winner’s selection section. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of winner and Notification of unclaimed Prize winner (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. The notification will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an entrant's contact details change during the Promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The winner(s) name and state/territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Public announcement of winners section of the Schedule (if applicable).
- In the event of a prize not being accepted or claimed, the judges will select an alternate winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize selection sections of the Schedule (as applicable).
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees ( Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter's liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter's discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant, the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect, special or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any entrants. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms of entry or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms of entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter's obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
- By entering the promotion, entrants agree and understand that their entries may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant and/or owner of the submission. Entrants under the age of 18 years old must seek a parent or adult/legal guardian’s permission to send any submissions to the Promoter and to enter the promotion. Each entrant grants a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free licence to the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) to use their entry in any media (including the internet) worldwide and consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s entry, without attribution to the entrant or payment for use of the entrant’s entry in any media worldwide.
- You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter's use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you or any other person as the author of or performer in any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you or any other person may have as an author of or performer in content.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, each entrant warrants and agrees that:
- the entrant has created the entry him/herself;
- the entrant is entitled to reproduce and exploit all of the underlying works in the entry;
- the entrant will not submit material in their entry that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the entrant is the owner of such rights;
- the entry has not been previously published in any other medium or forum worldwide;
- they will not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, derogatory, threatening, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, religiously or ethnically offensive, or encourages, evidences or indicates conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violates any law;
- the entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- the entrant has not granted rights to their entry to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter; and
- to the extent the entry contains the image of any other person, the entrant has obtained express consent from that person to use their image in the entry for the purposes of entering the Promotion and agreeing to these Terms of entry.
- The winner must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material in any medium throughout the world. The winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promotion and these Terms of entry will be governed by the law of the State or Territory in which the Promoter ordinarily resides. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram; and to release Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram.
Privacy Collection Notice for the 'Grand Final Weekend Comp 2018' promotion
Hisense Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 55 105 022 080) ( Hisense) is collecting your personal information to enable you to enter to 'Grand Final Weekend Comp 2018' promotion ( Promotion) and in order to administer the Promotion and award, provide and manage any prizes. The personal information Hisense is collecting includes your name; email address; mobile phone number; and state. If you win or are shortlisted to win the Prize, Hisense will collect additional information about you including your contact details; and postal address.
We will also use the contact information details you have provided to send you marketing information and materials related to our products and services, including, where you have opted in, via email or other digital communications.
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, you will not be able to participate in the Promotion, including any prize.
Hisense may disclose your personal information to our related companies, contractors providing services to us and to other third party service providers.
You can also contact our marketing team, using the following details: [email protected], (03) 9765-8800.